The procedure of the registration of pesticides and agrochemicals in Russia is regulated by the Law of Russian Federation "About safe handling of pesticides and agrochemicals". According to said law the following procedure of registration of pesticides and agrochemicals is stipulated.
Inclusion into the test schedule
First of all, it is necessary to include the preparation into the test schedule of the Russian Ministry of Agriculture before December 30 of the current year and file the following documents:
- information about pesticide preparation (file/dossier);
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) on the pesticide preparation from a manufacturer;
- Certificate of Analysis (COA) on the pesticide preparation and on the active ingredient from a manufacturer;
- methodology of identification of the active ingredient in the pesticide preparation;
- Power of Attorney from the applicant to the representative.
Studies and tests
Simultaneously, it is necessary to file the request for testing the pesticide preparation to the institutes which conduct toxicity assessment and hygienic testing as well as biological trials. The trials are conducted during two-three vegetation periods. This term depends upon the type of the preparation, type of the active ingredient and upon the formulation.
For importation of the test samples the Russian Ministry of Agriculture on approval of the Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance (FSVPS) as well as the Russian Ministry of Health Protection issues the corresponding permit and the institutes conduct the required studies.
When the studies are completed the corresponding reports are passed to the examination boards of the Russian Ministry of Agriculture as well as the Russian Ministry of Health Protection for reviewing and issuing the conclusions about the suitability of the registration of the preparation.
After obtainment of above-mentioned conclusions, the application for registration of the pesticide preparation and the following documents are filed with the Ministry of Agriculture:
- the results of the toxicological, hygienic and biological trials and tests;
- the resolution issued by the Russian Ministry of Health Protection;
- the sample of the label;
- a methodology of the identification of the residual amounts of the pesticide preparation in agricultural products, in the air, in the water and in the soil;
- instructions of safe use of the pesticide preparation;
- methods of disposal and destruction of the pesticide.
Then examination of provided materials is conducted by the FSVPS on the session.
In some cases, the Russian Ministry of Agriculture and the FSVPS may request additional information. In case the Russian Ministry of Agriculture or the FSVPS considers that the information on the pesticide preparation (file/dossier) or other information regarding the pesticide is insufficient, the preparation is registered for 2 years and undergoes additional trials and tests in order to be registered for 10 years.
The important point is that upon registration of the pesticide preparation it is necessary to indicate the specific manufacturer of the product. Besides, some data required for the registration should be provided by the manufacturer only. So, in case the applicant and the manufacturer are not the same it is necessary that the applicant has a contract with the manufacturer of the pesticide/agrochemical preparation he wishes to register.
Before initiating the registration procedure of the pesticide preparation and agricultural chemical it is advisable to conduct the patent search and to register the corresponding trademark. For more details please click here.
Our company would be pleased to provide services on pesticides and agrochemicals registration in the Russian Federation. For further information or our assistance in this respect, please contact us.