The procedure of the registration of pesticides and agrochemicals in Belarus is regulated by the Law of the Republic of Belarus "On Plant Quarantine and Plant Protection" as well as by the "Regulation on the Procedure of the State Registration of Plant Protection Products and Fertilizers". According to the mentioned normative documents there are the following steps of the registration of pesticides and agrochemicals.
First of all it is necessary to include the product into the trial schedule with the Main State Inspection on Seed Breeding and Quarantine and Plant Protection of the Ministry of Agriculture before May 30 of each year by filing the following documents:
- application form;
- information about the pesticide or agrochemical preparation (file/dossier);
- methodology of the identification of the residual amounts of the pesticide/agrochemical preparation in the agricultural products, in the soil, etc.;
- a methodology of identification of the active ingredient(s) in the preparation;
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) on the pesticide/agrochemical and on the active ingredient(s);
- Certificate of Analysis (COA) on the pesticide/agrochemical and on the active ingredient(s);
- information about the registration of the same preparation in other countries;
- authorization issued from the manufacturer to the applicant for filing the application, in case the applicant and manufacturer are not the same;
- Power of Attorney from the applicant to the representative.
Hereafter, the corresponding requests for carrying out the studies on biological efficacy, economic utility, toxicity and hygienic assessment as well as tests on adaptation of the methodology of identification of the active ingredient(s) and the methodology of the identification of the residual amounts of the pesticide/agrochemical should be filed with the corresponding research institutes and laboratories. The registration studies are conducted during one-two vegetation periods. This term depends on the type of the preparation, the active ingredient(s) as well as the formulation. Moreover, for the importation of the test samples for the above-mentioned studies it is necessary to obtain the corresponding permit from the Main State Inspection.
After the completion of all required studies the application for registration of the pesticide or agrochemical preparation and the following materials are filed with the State Inspection of the Ministry of Agriculture (1st decade of November of the year of completion of studies or 2nd decade of February of the following year):
1. protocol on registration studies;
2. documents confirming the manufacturing of the active ingredient as well as the formulation, issued by the manufacturer;
3. reports on biological efficacy and economic utility of the preparation;
4. reports including results of the determination of the residual amounts in water, soil, etc.;
5. reports on ecotoxicological assessment of the preparation;
6. reports on veterinary and sanitary environmental assessment of the preparation;
7. adopted methodology of the determination of the concentration of the active ingredient(s) in the formulation;
8. adopted methodology of the determination of active substance in water, soil, etc.;
9. approved technical normative (technical conditions), for the preparations manufactured on the territory of the CIS countries as well as on the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
10. sample of the label.
The above-mentioned materials are subject to the examinations by the expert groups of the State Inspection of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Commission on Pesticides and Fertilizers. The Ministry issues the Certificate about state registration of the pesticide/agrochemical preparation on the basis of the results of said examinations.
Our company would be pleased to provide you with such services on pesticides and agrochemicals registration in the Republic of Belarus.
Please contact us for further information or our assistance in this respect.
Also, it is advisable to conduct the patent search and to register the corresponding trademark before initiating the registration procedure of the pesticide and agrochemical preparation. For more details please click here.