In accordance with the Decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission of November 03, 2016, No. 78, the state registration of medicinal product produced outside of Kazakhstan is able only with conducting GMP conformity assessment for all manufacturing sites involved in manufacturing process conducted by one of the member state of the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan or Armenia).
The GMP conformity assessment in Kazakhstan is conducted by the "National Center for medicines, medical devices and medical equipment expertise" by examination of provided documents and mandatory inspection of all manufacturing sites involved in manufacturing process of a medicinal product with the departure to the plant.
In order to conduct GMP conformity assessment according to the demands of the Eurasian Economic Union it is necessary to provide Application for issuance of the GMP Certificate together with the following documents:
- legalized Power of Attorney from the applicant to the representative;
- legalized copies of the Manufacturer's Authorizations for all manufacturing sites involved in manufacturing process issued by the competent authorities of country-manufacturers;
- legalized copies of GMP Certificates for all manufacturing sites involved in manufacturing process issued by the competent Authorities of countries-manufacturers;
- certified copies of last reports on inspections of the manufacturing sites by the competent authorities of country-manufacturers or other competent authority that were conducted not earlier than 3 years before submitting the Application;
- certified copies of dossiers of the manufacturing sites involved in manufacturing process (Site Master Files);
- information on the revealed inconsistencies in the quality of medicinal products with the established requirements including the withdrawal of medicinal products from civil traffic for a period of at least 3 years prior to application;
- list of medicinal products produced (or planned to be produced) at the manufacturing site for which inspection is carried out;
- letter on the consent of the manufacturer for inspection.
GMP conformity assessment procedure in Kazakhstan includes the following steps:
- submission of the application form and documents to obtain a certificate;
- inspection of manufacturing site;
- receipt of the GMP Certificate and/or report of compliance or non-compliance to the GMP requirements.
According to the demands of the Eurasian Economic Union inspection of manufacturing site should be conducted no later than 160 workdays from the date of submission of the application and the inspection period cannot exceed 10 workdays. However, in accordance with the usual practice depending upon the completion of the provided materials, scope of documentation, and other factors the procedure of GMP conformity assessment in Kazakhstan may constitute about 6-10 months.
The validity term of the GMP Certificate issued according to the demands of the Eurasian Economic Union is three years from the date of the end of the inspection.
In order we could provide you with the information on costs associated with GMP conformity assessment in Kazakhstan together with the detailed information and list of documents required from your side, sample of the Power of Attorney for execution, etc. please contact our specialists.