MIKHAILYUK, SOROKOLAT & PARTNERS offers the full range of legal services related to industrial design registration in Armenia including design search, filing and further prosecution of an Armenian design application, maintenance of an industrial design patent in force, preparing and recordal of assignment and licence agreement as well as representing clients before courts. We do our best to represent our clients' interests in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The maximum validity term of a industrial design patent in Armenia is 25 years from the filing date, i.e. 5 terms for 5 years each.
Novelty grace period is 12 months from disclosure of the information on industrial design before filing the application or priority date thereof, if priority is claimed.
An industrial design application in Armenia may cover several industrial designs, provided that they belong to a single class of the International Classification, except ornaments which should be united by a single design concept.
Overview of the industrial design registration procedure in Armenia:
After completion of filing procedure the Armenian design application undergoes the formal examination, which takes 2 months. On condition that the application meets the formal requirements the application undergoes the substantive examination , which takes 3 months. On condition that the industrial design meets the requirements of patentability a decision to grant a patent is issued. After payment of the grant fee the patent is issued.
The procedure of the design registration in Armenia usually takes about 12 months.
For filing a industrial design application in Armenia we need:
- your filing instructions with applicant's and author's names, addresses and citizenships;
- figures (photographs, photocopies or files) with the general view of the design and, if possible, front, top, side, back and bottom views of the design;
- list of the essential features of the design, if available;
- Power of Attorney signed and stamped by the applicant, legalization and notarization are not required (may be provided to the Armenian Patent Office within 2 months from filing the application);
- Certified copy of the priority document, if priority is claimed (may be provided to the Armenian Patent Office within 3 months from filing the application).
The term for filing a design application in Armenia claiming conventional priority is 6 months from the priority date.
For more information about industrial design registration in Armenia or quotation for filing and prosecution of the Armenian design application please contact us.