MIKHAILYUK, SOROKOLAT & PARTNERS offers the full range of legal services related to industrial design registration in Kyrgyzstan including design search, drafting the specification, filing and further prosecution of a Kyrgyz design application, maintenance of an industrial design patent in force, preparing and recordal of assignment and license agreements as well as representing clients before courts. We do our best to represent our clients' interests in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The maximum validity term of an industrial design patent in Kyrgyzstan is 15 years, i.e. 10-year basic term which may be renewed for 5 additional years.
Novelty grace period is 6 months from disclosure of the information on industrial design before filing the application or priority date thereof, if priority is claimed.
The industrial design application in Kyrgyzstan may include several designs (variants) in one multiple industrial design application if the designs concern the same object or may be identified as a kit of goods and have a single design concept.
Overview of the industrial design registration procedure in Kyrgyzstan:
After completion of filing procedure the Kyrgyz design application undergoes the formal examination within 2 months. The substantive examination in Kyrgyzstan is conducted at the optional applicant's request, which may be filed within 12 months from the date of filing the design application, alternatively the patent will be issued on the applicant's responsibility.
The procedure of the design registration in Kyrgyzstan usually takes from 6 to 12 months.
Foreign applicants must be represented before the Office by a registered Kyrgyz patent attorney.
For filing a industrial design application in Kyrgyzstan we need:
- your filing instructions with applicant's and author's names, addresses and citizenships;
- figures (photographs, photocopies or files) with the general view of the design and, if possible, front, top, side, back and bottom views of the design;
- list of the essential features of the design, if available;
- Power of Attorney signed and stamped by the applicant, legalization and notarization are not required (may be provided to the Kyrgyz Patent Office within 2 months from filing the application);
- Certified copy of the priority document, if priority is claimed (may be provided to the Kyrgyz Patent Office within 4 months from filing the application).
The term for filing a design application in Kyrgyzstan claiming conventional priority is 6 months from the priority date.
For more information about industrial design registration in Kyrgyzstan or quotation for filing and prosecution of the Kyrgyz design application please contact us.