MIKHAILYUK, SOROKOLAT & PARTNERS offers the full range of legal services related to industrial design registration in Tajikistan including design search, drafting the specification, filing and further prosecution of a Tajik design application, maintenance of an industrial design patent in force, preparing and recordal of assignment and license agreements as well as representing clients before courts. We do our best to represent our clients' interests in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The maximum validity term of an industrial design patent in Tajikistan is 15 years, i.e. 10-year basic term which may be renewed for 5 additional years.
Novelty grace period is 6 months from disclosure of the information on industrial design before filing the application.
The industrial design application in Tajikistan may include several designs (variants) in one multiple industrial design application if the designs concern the same object or may be identified as a kit of goods and have a single design concept.
Overview of the industrial design registration procedure in Tajikistan:
After completion of filing procedure the Tajik design application undergoes the formal examination, which takes about 3 months from the filing date. On condition that the application meets the formal requirements, the notification about positive result of the formal examination is issued. The substantive examination should be requested within 12 months from the filing date. On condition that the industrial design meets the requirements of patentability a decision to grant a patent is issued. If the grant fee and the first post grant annuities (starting from the third year of patent validity) are paid the patent is issued.
Foreign applicants must be represented before the Office by a registered Tajik patent attorney.
For filing a industrial design application in Tajikistan we need:
- your filing instructions with applicant's and author's names, addresses and citizenships;
- figures (photographs, photocopies or files) with the general view of the design and, if possible, front, top, side, back and bottom views of the design;
- list of the essential features of the design, if available;
- Power of Attorney signed and stamped by the applicant, legalization and notarization are not required (may be provided to the Tajik Patent Office within 2 months from filing the application);
- Certified copy of the priority document, if priority is claimed (may be provided to the Tajik Patent Office within 3 months from filing the application).
The term for filing a design application in Tajikistan claiming conventional priority is 6 months from the priority date.
For more information about industrial design registration in Tajikistan or quotation for filing and prosecution of the Tajik design application please contact us.