MIKHAILYUK, SOROKOLAT & PARTNERS offers the full range of legal services related to industrial design registration in Moldova including design search, filing and further prosecution of a Moldavian design application, maintenance of an industrial design patent in force, preparing and recordal of assignment and license agreements as well as representing clients before courts. We do our best to represent our clients' interests in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The maximum validity term of an industrial design patent in Moldova is 25 years from the filing date, i.e. 5 terms for 5 years each.
Novelty grace period is 12 months from disclosure of the information on industrial design before filing the application or priority date thereof, if priority is claimed.
An industrial design application in Moldova may cover several industrial designs, provided that they belong to a single class of the International Classification, except ornaments which should be united by a single design concept.
Overview of the industrial design registration procedure in Moldova:
The substantive examination in Moldova is requested simultaneously with filing of the application. After the completion of filing procedure the application undergoes examinations within 6 months. On condition that the application meets the requirements of patentability, the decision to grant a patent is issued. After payment of the grant, publication fees and 1st- 5th annuities, the patent is issued.
The procedure of the design registration in Moldova usually takes from 6 to 12 months .
Foreign applicants must be represented before the Office by a registered Moldavian patent attorney.
For filing a industrial design application in Moldova we need:
- your filing instructions with applicant's and author's names, addresses and citizenships;
- figures (photographs, photocopies or files) with the general view of the design and, if possible, front, top, side, back and bottom views of the design;
- list of the essential features of the design, if available;
- Power of Attorney signed and stamped by the applicant, legalization and notarization are not required (may be provided to the Moldavian Patent Office within 2 months from filing the application);
- Certified copy of the priority document, if priority is claimed (may be provided to the Moldavian Patent Office within 3 months from filing the application).
The term for filing a design application in Moldova claiming conventional priority is 6 months from the priority date.
For more information about industrial design registration in Moldova or quotation for filing and prosecution of the Moldavian design application please contact us.